BAHAMAS FAITH MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Second Chance Youth Ministry
Motto: Empowered for Change
Mantra: I am A Leader I have a purpose I will fulfil my destiny.
DEPARTMENT: SECOND CHANCE
LEADERS: ORLANDO MILLER & KENDRA BOWE
- To impact a generation of young people through kingdom principles; developing leadership, instilling confidence, and cultivating godly character enabling them to overcome obstacles and challenges to fulfil meaningful, righteous and purpose driven lives.
To create a safe environment for the mentoring and training of youth who are at high risk of crime, violence, poverty, teen pregnancy, gang involvement and any other socioeconomic factor.
- To foster a youth friendly environment that develops a love and passion for the things of God
- 2 To provide opportunities for growth socially, emotionally, mentally and spiritually
- 3 To provide support through prayer and outreach to youth in areas of need or crisis.
- To increase knowledge of self, God and His Word
- To build self-esteem, discover gifts and talents and empower to make godly choices
- To provide better coping mechanisms for dealing with stress and skills for resolving conflict.
DESCRIBE HOW GOAL(S) WILL BE ACHEIVED
- Creative Teaching Strategies for sharing the word of God
- Games and new social interactions that serve to show new ways of communicating, relating and resolving matters.
- Participation in youth events, travel training seminars workshops to further develop their skills wholistically
- Rewards for improvements, accomplishments and good behavior
- Counselling and Therapy and overall support that ministers to their needs
DESCRIBE WHEN THE GOAL(S) WILL BE ACHIEVED
- 1st semester September – December, Theme: Get to know me which is geared towards increasing knowledge of God, each other and individual identity.
- 2nd Semester January –March, Theme: Love in action building self-esteem discovery of gifts and talents
- 3rd Semester May – June, Theme: Let’s Walk It Out (Empowerment) equipping youth with the skills and knowledge necessary to change.
DESCRIBE THE PURPOSE OR REASON(S) FOR THE GOAL(S)
- The factors that contribute to crime violence and other social ills must be combatted through educating and equipping youth with alternatives and solutions that will create a different future for them. This will come with the aid of the Holy Spirit but also with practical tools to aid in the development of the whole man.
STATE THE BUDGET NECESSARY TO ACHIEVE GOAL(S) AND HOW THE BUDGET WILL BE ACHIEVED
N/A at this time
STATE STRENGTHS, WEAKNESS, OPPORTUNITIES AND TREATS TO ACHIEVING GOALS
- Violence among youth from gang involvement
- Limited funding youth unable to pay for items they need
- Leaders needing to engage more in the personal lives of the youth to influence change which requires ore personal time
- Negative influence at home and in their communities